LONDON, KY (January 24, 2020) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Houston along with Deputy Shannon Jones and Sgt. John Inman arrested two individuals on KY 770 near I–75 approximately 10 miles South of London early Friday morning January 24, 2020 at approximately 5:35 AM.
The arrests occurred after deputies were dispatched to a noninjury traffic crash there where a Chevrolet pickup truck had allegedly hit a tractor-trailer.
Upon arrival at the scene, deputies conducted an investigation and determined that the driver of the pickup truck was under the influence. Also, a passenger in the vehicle was also determined to be under the influence.
The two arrested individuals were identified as:
• The driver Joselin Izamar Gutierrez age 18 of Kennesaw, Georgia charged with:
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence – second offense
- Failure of nonowner operator to maintain required insurance – first offense
- Failure to wear seatbelts
- Numerous other violations
• The passenger in the vehicle Bryan O Ramirez Ortiz age 21 of Marietta, Georgia charged with:
- Public intoxication – controlled substances
These two individuals were lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photos of accused attached are courtesy of Laurel County Correctional Center.