LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Travis Napier along with Deputy Dustin Saylor, Deputy Greg Poynter, and Deputy Marcus Stigall arrested Dusty Ellison age 40 of London on Friday evening June 18, 2021 at approximately 5:05 PM.
The arrest occurred off Abutment Road, approximately 2 miles west of London after deputies were dispatched to an out-of-control male subject at a residence there.
As deputies were arriving at the scene of the complaint, they observed the male suspect who fled on foot running back inside the residence and allegedly shoving a female subject down inside the residence.
The suspect struggled with deputies briefly before being taken into custody.
It was learned there were outstanding warrants for the suspect and also determined that this individual was a parole violator.
Dusty Ellison was charged with:
- Fleeing or evading police – second-degree – on foot
- Public intoxication – controlled substances
- Assault – 4th degree
- Resisting arrest
In addition, this subject was charged on a Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging:
- Failure to appear in court on charges of public intoxication – controlled substances
- Disorderly conduct – second-degree
Also the subject was charged on a Bell District Court bench warrant of arrest charging:
- Failure to appear in court on charges of possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a controlled substance – second-degree
- Tampering with physical evidence
The subject was also determined to be a parole violator wanted on a Kentucky Parole Board parole violation warrant charging:
- Absconding parole supervision
- Leaving area of supervision without permission of parole officer
- Failure to report to parole officer as directed
- Failure to make restitution as directed regarding a conviction in Laurel Circuit Court on charges of:
- Theft by unlawful taking
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense
- Theft by unlawful taking in Bell County
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.