RACELAND, KY – The Kentucky State Police is reporting that on Monday, February 14, 2022 Trooper Daniels and Trooper Hamilton stopped a vehicle on U.S. Route 23 for a traffic violation. While making contact with the driver, Anthony Kershner, they could smell a strong odor of Marijuana emitting from the vehicle.
Canine Fabi was deployed for a free air sniff of the vehicle and alerted.
Upon searching the vehicle, Troopers located:
- A handgun
- Other paraphernalia used in the distribution of narcotics
Mr. Kershner was arrested and transported to the Greenup County Jail.
Anthony Kershner was charged with:
- OPER MTR VEHICLE U/INFL SUBST (189A.010(1C) – 1ST
- POSSESSION OF HANDGUN BY CONVICTED FELON
- DRUG PARAPHERNALIA – BUY/POSSESS
- TRAFF IN CONT SUB, 1ST DEGREE, 1ST OFF – (> OR = 2 GMS METHAMPHETAMINE)
- TRAFF IN CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE 1ST OFFENSE (HEROIN)
- POSS OF MARIJUANA
- POSS CONT SUB, 3RD DEGREE – DRUG UNSPECIFIED
- Other traffic related offense
This individual was lodged in the Greenup County Jail.
Photo of the accused provided by the Kentucky State Police.
The Kentucky State Police was assisted by the Northeast Kentucky Drug Task Force AHIDTA/ATF.
The Northeast Kentucky Drug Task Force will also be seeking Federal charges on Mr. Anthony Kershner with the Eastern District of Kentucky USAO.